This is the species of animals found or mentioned in Golden Kamuy (Also known as Golden Kamui) manga and anime.
*This species is not native to Asia, it is most likely a reference to invasive species.
List of Conservation Status:
LC = Least Concern - There are no current identifiable risks to the species.
NT = Near Threatened - The species does not meet any of the criteria that would categorise it as risking extinction but it is likely to do so in the future.
VU = Vulnerable - The species is facing a high risk of extinction in the wild.
EN = Endangered - The species is facing an extremely high risk of extinction in the wild.
CR = Critically Endangered - The species is in imminent risk of extinction in the wild.
EW = Extinct in the Wild - Known only to survive in captivity or as a naturalized populations well outside its previous range.
EX = Extinct - No reasonable doubt that the last individual has died.
DD = Data Deficient - There is inadequate information to make an assessment of the risks to this species.
NE = Not Evaluated - which has been categorized under the IUCN Red List of threatened species as not yet having been assessed by the International Union for Conservation of Nature.
DM = Domesticated - a sustained multi-generational relationship in which one group of organisms assumes a significant degree of influence over the reproduction and care of another group to secure a more predictable supply of resources from that second group.
- Human (Homo sapiens) LC
- Ussuri/Ezo Brown Bear (Ursus arctos lasiotus) EN
- Hokkaido/Ezo Wolf (Canis lupus hattai) EX
- Ezo Red Squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris orientis) LC
- Mountain Hare (Lepus timidus) LC
- Common/Northern Minke Whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata) LC
- Orca/Killer Whale (Orcinus orca) DD
- Japanese Raccoon Dog/Tanuki (Nyctereutes procyonoides viverrinus) LC
- Sika Deer (Cervus nippon) LC
- Domestic Dog (Canis lupus familiaris) - Hokkaido & Sakhalin Husky DM
- Japanese River Otter (Lutra lutra whiteleyi) EX
- Siberian Chipmunk (Tamias sibiricus) LC
- Northern Pika (Ochotona hyperborea) LC
- Asian Sea Otter (Enhydra lutris lutris) EN
- Domestic Horse (Equus ferus caballus) - Yonaguni & Russian Don DM
- Domestic Cattle (Bos primigenius taurus) - Kalmykian Cattle DM
- Siberian Musk Deer (Moschus moschiferus) VU
- Eurasian Wolverine (Gulo gulo gulo) LC
- Karafuto Sable (Martes zibellina brachyura) LC
- Siberian Lynx (Lynx lynx wrangeli) LC
- Reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) VU
- Spotted Seal (Phoca largha) LC
- Siberian/Amur Tiger (Panthera tigris altaica) EN
- Mongolian Wolf (Canis lupus chanco) LC
- Domestic Cat (Felis lybica catus) - Turkish Van DM
- Steller's Sea Lion (Eumetopias jubatus) NT
- Beluga Whale (Delphinapterus leucas) LC
- Japanese Serow (Capricornis crispus) LC
- Japanese Boar (Sus scrofa leucomystax) LC
- Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) VU
- Eurasian Elk (Alces alces alces) LC
- Blakiston's Fish Owl (Bubo blakistoni) EN
- Japanese/Red-Crowed Crane (Grus japonensis) EN
- Eurasian Woodcock (Scolopax rusticola) LC
- Eastern Water Rail (Rallus indicus) LC
- Siberian Rubythroat (Calliope calliope) LC
- Black Woodpecker (Dryocopus martius) LC
- Tufted Puffin (Fratercula cirrhata) LC
- Steller's Sea Eagle (Haliaeetus pelagicus) VU
- Large-Billed Crow (Corvus macrorhynchos) LC
- Eurasian Griffon (Gyps fulvus) LC
- Ring-Necked Pheasant (Phasianus colchicus) LC
- Green Sea Turtle (Chelonia mydas) EN
- Japanese Forest Rat Snake (Euprepiophis conspicillata)
- Japanese/Masu Salmon (Oncorhynchus masou) EN
- Sakhalin Sculpin (Cottus amblystomopsis)
- Brook Lamprey (Lampetra planeri)*
- Ocean Sunfish (Mola mola) VU
- Japanese Sturgeon (Acipenser schrenckii) CR
- Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias) VU